If you have ever tried to find an orthopedic surgeon in Boca Raton, then you will know that there are many to choose from. When faced with such a large selection of orthopedic surgeons, it can be difficult to decide who to choose to treat your injury or condition.
We have assembled the following advice below with the goal of helping you decide how to choose your next orthopedic surgeon in Boca Raton.
Check the qualifications of your Boca Raton orthopedic surgeon
There are many orthopedic surgeons in Boca Raton and they are NOT all the same. As a general rule, those with more qualifications are likely to have more training. When it comes to orthopedics the single most important qualification is called “Board Certification”. If a doctor is Board Certified in orthopedics, then it means he or she has demonstrated “exceptional expertise in a particular specialty and/or subspecialty of medical practice”.
In addition to being Board Certified, a doctor may also be Fellowship Trained. This is another indication that the doctor is highly trained in his orthopedic area of expertise. For example, if he is an orthopedic spine surgeon, then you should check if the doctor is Fellowship Trained in orthopedic spine surgery.
Check the online reviews of your Boca Raton orthopedic doctor
We are lucky to live in an age where online reviews are easy to find. There are several different websites where you can read a doctor’s reviews. Google offers many reviews (provided by the public) which you can usually view by simply Googling the name of the doctor, then finding him on the map. For example, you can view Orthopaedic Surgery Associates’ online reviews here. Alternatively, you may want to try healthgrades.com which is a site dedicated specifically to reviews of doctors.
Check the specialization of your orthopedic doctor in Boca Raton
There are many different orthopedic specialties. Some doctors are simply general orthopedic surgeons, whereby they accept patients with all conditions. Others specialize, for example orthopedic spine surgeons, orthopedic foot and ankle surgeons, or orthopedic surgeons of the upper extremity (hand, wrist, and shoulder). If a doctor specializes in a certain area of the body, he or she is likely to have more training in this area and some studies have shown better surgical outcomes. So for example if you have injured your back, you may want to consider an orthopedic spine surgeon. Many of Orthopaedic Surgery Associates’ doctors specialize in a certain area of orthopedics.
About Orthopaedic Surgery Associates
Orthopaedic Surgery Associates has many of the leading orthopedic surgeons in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach. If you are unsure or have any additional questions about which orthopedic doctor in Boca Raton (or Boynton Beach) is right for you, please feel free to read the bios of our orthopedic surgeons or Contact Us.
We are one of the most advanced orthopedic groups in Florida and Nationwide. Our orthopedic specialists are proudly serving patients with orthopedic injuries in Palm Beach County (Boynton Beach and Boca Raton). In both clinics we can provide a range of services such as:
- Comprehensive evaluation and testing procedures
- Non-operative treatment procedures
- Fracture treatment in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Total knee, hip and shoulder Joint Replacement in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Spinal surgery, including laser, microsurgery & arthroscopic in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Disc surgery in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Reconstructive spine surgery in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Surgical reconstruction of torn knee ligaments in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Surgical repair of torn knee cartilage in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Surgery of the hand and wrist in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Surgery & corrective repair of the foot in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Pain management in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation in Boca Raton and Boynton Beach
To request an appointment please click here:
To read our latest blog post please click here.
Locations of Orthopaedic Surgery Associates
Boca Raton Location Boynton Beach Location
1601 Clint Moore Road 2828 S. Seacrest Blvd. Suite 104/204
Boca Raton, FL 33487 Boynton Beach, FL, 33435
T: (561) 395-5733 T: (561) 734-5080
F: (561) 369-1332 F: (561) 369-133