Honors and Awards
- Dr. Robert Zann, the senior partner physician at Orthopaedic Surgery Associates, passed away from a heart attack on October 8, 2016. Dr. Zann committed his life to helping his patients live life to the fullest. During his career, he performed numerous surgeries that helped many patients regain their full mobility and therefore allow them to enjoy their lives again. He was adventurous, free-spirited, and he loved life – it’s that approach that made him especially compassionate and empathetic towards others, traits characteristic of an exceptional physician and human being. He will be greatly missed by everyone at Orthopaedic Surgery Associates where he spent a great part of his professional life. On behalf of all doctors, staff, and patients we would like to acknowledge the generosity of his spirit and an enormous impact he made on all of our lives. Rest in peace.
- Physician Humanitarian Award at the 14th Annual Medical Business Awards recently held in Miami.
Selected by peers to appear in “The Best Doctors in America: Southeast Region” 1995, 1996-97
Selected by peers as “Best Doctor in the Area ”
South Florida Magazine, and also is listed in the book Best Physicians in America Dr. Zann has been featured on the Today Show, CNN Headline News and numerous newspapers and magazines including USA Today, New York Times and The Washington Post
Castle Connolly Guide, How to Find the Best Doctors: Florida
Guide to America’s Top Surgeons
Guide to Top Doctors
The Best Doctors in America: Southeast Region
The Best Doctors in Miami Metro
Top Docs in South Florida
Brown LE, Zann RB, Whitehurst M, “Strength training protocol following total hip replacement.” National Strength and Conditioning Association Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, June 20-June 22, 1996
Zann RB, Brown LE, Whitehurst M., “Effect of limb dominance on leg strength with bilateral total knee replacement.” National Strength and Conditioning Association Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, June 20-June 22, 1996
Brown LE, Zann RB, Whitehurst M, ., “Knee Extension Strength Following Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH, May 29-June 1, 1996
Zann RB, Brown LE, Whitehurst M, “Hip extension and flexion strength deficits following total hip arthroplasty.” American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH, May 29-June 1, 1996.
Brown LE, Zann RB, Whitehurst M, “Knee Extension and Flexion Strength Following Total Knee Arthroplasty.” Southeast Regional American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, Chattanooga, TN, February 1-3, 1996.
- UNDER-GRADUATE TRAINING
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Ml B.A. May 1971
- Wayne State University School of Medicine Detroit, Ml Doctor of Medicine, May 1975
GENERAL SURGERY RESIDENCY:
- Metropolitan and Flower 5th Ave Hospitals
New York Medical College
July, 1975 – June, 1977
- New York Medical College Metropolitan Hospital, N.Y., N.Y.
Lincoln Hospital, Bronx, N.Y.
Westchester City Medical Center, Valhalla, N.Y.
July, 1977 – June, 1980
- University of Southern California
Ranchos Los Amigos Hospital Downey, California
Orthopaedic Hospital, Los Angeles,
CA Adult Reconstructive Surgery/Total Joint Replacement
July, 1980- June, 1981
- July, 1981 – 2016
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons
Florida Medical Association
Palm Beach County Medical Society
Palm Beach County Orthopaedic Society
Florida Orthopaedic Society
Southern Orthopaedic Association
Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Chairman, Dept of Surgery,
Bethesda Memorial Hospital 1992- 1993
Chairman, Physical Therapy Department,
Boca Raton Community Hospital 1993- 1994
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Clinical Instructor for Residency Training while in fellowship.
Grand Rounds during Fellowship at University of Southern California
2016ATIONS & RESEARCH:
- Clinical Investigator for Intermedics: Universal Hip System with Calcitate Coating March, 1987
- Boca Raton Community Hospital
Bethesda Memorial Hospital
Delray Community Hospital
Pinecrest Rehabilitation Hospital